This is the new era of SCSI-capable solid-state Memory Card solutions for your hardware sampler. These are SCSI2SD Version 5.2 boards within a handy ultra-small case with an external DB25 jack. They use a regular-sized SD card, and most samplers do not require power. (If they do, simply use a USB Android cable plugged into a wall-charger.) The wonderful aspect of the SCSI2SD v5.2 Drive is the ability to access up to SEVEN SCSI ID's; so it's really 7 drives in 1! This enables better use of the SD card - more efficient, faster access.Compatibility
Our quality SCSI2SD v5.2 External Drive works with EVERY SINGLE SAMPLER we know of (which is all of them). All Ensoniq, Akai, Akai MPC, Roland, Emu, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, Korg, Peavey, Synclavier, Fairlight, Waveframe samplers. We don't provide a list because we haven't found a sampler it DOESN'T work on.
Comes ready to plug-and play! Included:
- External Case with SCSI2SD v5.2 board inside with DB25 female SCSI port
- SD card, setup into at most 7 ID's, formatted for the sampler of your choice
- SCSI Cable, for the DB25-DB25 select between ~3ft or ~6ft
- 4 rubber feet to optionally put on bottom
- 1-year limited warranty
Please let us know which SCSI Cable you want, and how to format your SD card, in the section above when ordering.
If you have two samplers, you can share the SCSI2SD with them using our optional 4-Way or 2-way SCSI Switcher, which comes with two more SCSI cables along with the one that comes standard.
Other SD Card options are below:
ZuluSCSI, our preferred recommendation
- SCSI2SD v5.5, though it only has 4 ID's max
- SCSI2SD v6.0, we suggest this for all computer-compliant samplers; it is more expensive and doesn't work (yet) with certain samplers (usually proprietary)
RaSCSI, which has 7 ID's but is tied into a intermediary computer (Raspberry Pi) and is thus harder to work with. (Currently sold without Raspberry Pi due to the worldwide shortage.)