Mac and Windows Compatible
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!
This product is a Version 7.0, 64-Bit product. If you would like the older 32-bit version, please select the "Legacy" version in the drop down.
- This product is iLok protected, either via dongle or online authorization. There is no shipped product on the Version 7.0 edition; however, the Legacy edition is shipped.
- After purchase, within 24 hours you will receive a activation code via email, and that will contain all the information you'll need to download and authorize.
- Please consult the Supported Formats Page to insure your desired format is supported, either as a Source format or Destination format. We cannot be responsible for you not knowing what is and what is not supported.
- As a matter of policy, there are no refunds for software, so please be sure this is what you want before you purchase and before you activate the software. There is a demo - Translator Free - you can try before purchase. And we are happy to address any issue you may run into during use. Be forewarned!
Translator™ Special Editions convert professional sampler formats to one specific set of formats, specified by the Special Edition title, for about half the cost. Select your preference below. Please note that all Special Editions inherit all the functionality of Translator Pro; the only limitation is the range of the destination formats. All the source formats remain the same.
Note: The Hi-Tech Edition is sold under a separate SKU.
For Kurzweil, Fantom, Fusion, Korg, and Motif/MOXF/Montage users, we HIGHLY suggest not getting the Special Edition but getting one of the Creator products (Motif, Korg, Fantom, Fusion, or Kurzweil). They have the same conversion engine, includes the AutoSampler, plus allows you to build and manage your Banks and Programs from scratch. We find this to be a much better option than Translator itself.
Chicken Systems Translator™ converts professional sampler formats.
Take any sample library and Translator™ can convert all of its Programs, Instruments, or Samples - or an entire CD-ROM/Hard Drive - into another format that you can use directly with your desired sampler!
Program parameter information is translated, as well as the samples and structure. Wavedata, keymaps, looping, effects - EVERYTHING. No program translates better. Translator™ pays attention to the small details, faithfully replicating your sounds.
Translator™ is a cross platform application - comes in macOS (works with Intel AND PPC) and Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP-compatible flavors, and can translate practically every professional format, from Kontakt, Giga3/GigaStudio, EXS24, Falcon/MachFive, Structure, SFZ, Alchemy, Reason NN-XT, SoundFont, SampleCell, Kurzweil, Ensoniq, Akai, Emu, Roland, and many more. This enables musicians to use practically any sound for their sampler, no matter what format it is in.
For a complete source format list, click here.
Translator™ offers a huge amount of ancillary functions, such as special utilities of every sampler format. Of particular interest is the Reference Manager, which can relink and change the links to external samples from their program files. Other functions include the powerful AutoSampler and merging into existing Bank-type files, and much more.
Translator™ also introduces multiple docking windows for excellent use of screen space. Also included is the new SimpleTranslation™ feature, where you simply drag a source file on the application Icon, and Translator automatically translates into your preferred format and location.
Now entering it's 24th year in production, Translator™ is THE industry standard when it comes to professional instrument conversion software.
Version 7.0 edition
- Maximum OS: MacOS 13 (Ventura), Win 11
- Minimum OS: OSX 10.10 (Yosmite), Win 7
- Maximum OS: MacOS 10.14 (Mojave), Win 11
- Minimum OS: OSX 10.4 (Tiger), WinXP SP3